About the Centre
The Centre of Sociology of Higher Education is a vibrant platform for research in the field of Russian and international higher education. The centre is academically-oriented and focused on the following areas:
- International comparative research of students’ experiences and trajectories;
- Strategies to increase universities’ global competitiveness;
- Efficiency of educational practices, technologies and formats;
- Quality of engineering education in Russia, the U.S. and China;
- Social and organizational features of higher education systems;
- Methodology of online research in education;
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs);
- Doctoral Education.
History of the Centre
|The Centre of Sociology of Higher Education started as a scientific group called Student Community Research, which initiated projects on expelled students’ in Russian universities and student engagement in the academic process. In the beginning research was conducted locally and included 2-3 universities.|
|2013- 2014||Monitoring Student Profiles and Trajectories was the first large-scale project of the group, which was launched in the Association of Leading Universities in Economics and Management.|
|2014||In collaboration with the Centre of Institutional Research the group managed HSE’s participation in Student Experience in the Research University (SERU), an international consortium.|
|2015||The group was institutionalized as the Centre of Sociology of Higher Education and joined the Institute of Education, expanded its team and launched new large-scale projects.|
|2016||Launching projects in two new research fields: online education and doctoral education.|
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.