International Summer School “Research in Online Education”
Summer School will be held from June 26 to June 30, 2023 in Moscow, Russia
The relevance of online education research is increasing every year, due to its popularity. At the same time, there are many topics and questions that need to be studied to improve the effectiveness of learning in digital reality.
As part of the summer school, students:
- Learn about advanced research and methods in online education.
- Learn how to understand and evaluate a student's educational achievements in an online environment through different metrics (digital traces).
- Investigate the features of students' motivation in online learning, motivation components, methods of monitoring and evaluating it, and how motivation can be stimulated.
- Find out the effect of additional classes on the motivation and self -efficiency of students.
- Get acquainted with how the key skills of the 21st century can be measured in the game format
- Get expert advice on their research project.
The Summer School is an opportunity for dialogue between aspiring researchers (including undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate students) and leading researchers dealing with problems in online education. Young scientists will be able to get feedback on their projects and formulate new research ideas.
HSE Institute of Education, College of Education Uniter Arab Emirates University
Jamie earned PhD in Education from Kongju National University in 2015. Jamie studies instructional design, critical thinking, student interaction and collaboration in an online environment.
He is engaged in research into instructional design and online learning. Dr. Costley’s current research interests include collaboration and cognitive load theory, as well as research into video lecture design.
R&D Market Researcher, Skyeng
Anastasia is engaged in the research of technologies and opportunities for their application in educational products. In particular, personalization technologies, educational content recommender systems, chat bots, and more
As part of the summer school, Anastasia will talk about motivation for learning: measurement of the concept and its components, ways to track motivation in dynamics through teaching a student on an online platform, and how this motivation can be stimulated.
Junior Research Fellow, HSE Pinsky Centre of General and Extracurricular Education
Research Fellow, HSE Laboratory for New Construct Measurement and Test Design
Other lecturers and topics of lectures will be announced later.
We encourage participation of scholars with various relevant backgrounds and at different career levels, including senior undergraduates, doctoral students, and junior researchers.
To apply, please, use this online from to submit the following in English:
- Your CV;
- A summary of your current research project on a topic relevant to the Summer School subject (300–500 words)
Applications are accepted until April 15, 2023. Shortlisted participants will be contacted by May 15, 2023.
The cost of attendance is 300 EUR including tuition fee, coffee breaks, and a city tour. Participants pay for accommodation and travel costs.
IOE will award a limited number of scholarships to participants selected on a competitive basis. The scholarship covers tuition fee, double accommodation, coffee breaks & a city tour. Please note that travel to/from Moscow will be paid by the participants.
Should you have any questions or queries regarding the Summer School, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org