Postdoctoral research oppportunities
Postdoctoral Fellow in educational studies
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory for Educational Innovation Research in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of educational studies.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the fields of educational studies, sociology, psychology, behavior economics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in social sciences, ability to prepare high-quality academic papers; participate in each step of research project from designing to preparing final reports and results’ presentation; formulate relevant research questions and choose/develop applicable methodological tools aimed at answering those questions; conduct quantitative data analysis in statistical packages (R, SPSS, Stata) (not obligatory but preferable).
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Recent publications in Scopus or WoS indexed scientific journals.
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Diana Koroleva, head of Laboratory, as well as Tatiana Khavenson, Laboratory Research Fellow
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Laboratory’s for Educational Innovation Research research projects such as:
o digitalization in education (integration of digital technologies, digital readiness and system’s transformation related to new educational technologies);
o edupreneurship (lifecycle of educational start-ups; innovational eco-system in education; portrait of grassroots innovators in education);
o education opening-up (interaction of non-systemic innovations with the formal education system; strategies of integration and diffusion of grassroots initiatives).
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of Laboratory’s for Educational Innovation Research;
- participation in the events of the Laboratory’s for Educational Innovation Research and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
The Laboratory’s for Educational Innovation Research offers access to its databases that contain data on participants of annual Competition of innovations in education starting from 2014 (over 600 applications each year). The opportunity to elaborate the next year survey in collaboration with Lab’s members will also be provided.
The process of application usually occurs in a January. If you are interested please confirm it with the mail to email@example.com before the 1st of November 2020. The prior discussion would help us to agree on the joint project and get the requirement papers ready.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.