The Third International Summer School ‘DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT AND INEQUALITY OF EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES’
The HSE Institute of Education (IOE) and the International Laboratory for Education Policy Analysis are pleased to invite you to
The Third International Summer School
‘DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT AND INEQUALITY OF EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES’
Dates: June 30- July 5, 2019
Place: Moscow, Russia
Deadline for registration: May 24, 2019
During the last ten years the development of computer and Internet services has significantly changed educational environment. The use of electronic devices, mobile applications, as well as social networks and various types of online learning services is increasing. On the one hand, they open up new educational opportunities for a large number of learners. On the other hand, varying degree of access to ICT and differences in the use of digital environment are associated with socioeconomic inequality and can serve as a means of its reproduction.
Our Summer School will focus on the following key aspects:
· Students’ digital literacy, digital behavior and social inequality;
· Teachers' digital literacy and the perception of the use of ICT and digital resources in education;
· The use of ICT (laptops, mobile phones, VR, etc.), digital technologies (electronic textbooks, etc.), online resources and MOOCs in education and their effects on performance for students of different social groups;
· Policies that aim to support the use of digital resources to decrease educational inequality and the effectiveness of these policies.
The school’s working language is English. Participants are expected to have sufficient English proficiency to engage in discussions and make presentations.
The instructors of the school are a premier cohort of accomplished Russian and international academics with multifaceted expertise in educational and social inequality studies.
Roseli de Deus Lopes, University of São Paulo (Brazil)
Rodrigo Barbosa e Silva, Stanford University (USA)
Justin Reich, MIT (USA)
Ivan Smirnov, HSE University (Russia)
Andrey Zakharov, HSE University (Russia)
To apply, please, please, use this online from to submit the following in English:
· Your CV;
· A motivation letter (up to 300 words);
· A summary of your current research project on a topic relevant to the Summer School subject (300–500 words) .
Applications are accepted until May 24, 2019. Shortlisted participants will be contacted by May 30, 2019.
The cost of attendance is 300 EUR including tuition fee, coffee breaks, and a city tour. Participants pay for accommodation and travel costs.
IOE will award a limited number of scholarships to participants selected on a competitive basis. The scholarship includes tuition fee, single/double accommodation, coffee breaks & a city tour. Please note that travel to/from Moscow will be paid by the participants.
For any questions, please contact us at summerschooI@hse.ru
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.