Annual International Fall School "Education and Development"
Please be aware that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the "Education and Development" Summer School was canceled this year.
Deadline for requests: --
Venue: Moscow, HSE Institute of Education
Travel and accommodation are paid by participants. If necessary, a visa invitation can be arranged
Fee: 150 USD
Grant options: 5 grants to cover participation fee for applicants selected on a competitive basis
The World Bank and National Research University Higher School of Economics welcome applications for the upcoming Annual International Fall School “Education and development.” We encourage applications from students and early-career researchers from Russia, the CIS, Eastern Europe, Asia, and other regions, who pursue various perspectives in the Economics and Economic Sociology of Education, as well as Education Policy, and seek to understand how to contribute to social and economic development through education.
The main goal of Fall School is to increase the knowledge and skills of students and early-career researchers from various parts of the world about the most urgent issues in education research and practice. The Fall School will demonstrate recent advances in research and policy expertise concerning the possible role of education in dealing with major issues of global and national socio-economic development such as economic stagnation, poverty, inequity, increasing social tensions, etc.
During the Fall School, students and young researchers will also have the opportunity to discuss their individual research and applied projects with leading experts in the field and during special sessions of group work.
- Strong skills of spoken and written English.
- Current research or applied project in the Economics of Education, Economic Sociology of Education and Education Policy.
The School will focus on:
- The core challenges for education policy in the 21st century (including those emerging in 2020 with global pandemic).
- Innovative tools in responding to challenges of social and economic development through education.
- New trends in the labor market and the key challenges for the education system (including those emerging in 2020 with global pandemic).
- How to design, conduct and present research and applied research projects.
The Fall School includes the following major types of activities:
- Keynote speeches by leading experts followed by discussions.
- Presentations by participants of their work followed by discussions.
- Group work, including brainstorming on various issues connected with research and practice in the areas related to participants' projects.
Practice Manager for the Europe and Central Asia region of the World Bank's education global practice
Professor; Director, Leading Research Fellow at Centre for Labour Market Studies
Full Professor at Politecnico di Milano School of Management
Head of the HSE Institute of Education
Senior Economist at the World Bank
For questions, please contact:
Kseniya Anisimova, firstname.lastname@example.org