Annual International Summer School "Education and Development"
Dates: July 6–10, 2020
Deadline for requests: April, 10
Venue: Moscow, HSE Institute of Education
Travel and accommodation are paid by participants. If necessary, a visa invitation can be arranged
Fee: 150 USD
Grant options: 5 grants to cover participation fee for applicants selected on a competitive basis
The World Bank and National Research University Higher School of Economics welcome applications for the upcoming Annual International Summer School “Education and development”. We encourage applications from students and early-career researchers from Russia, the CIS, Eastern Europe, Asia and other regions, who pursue various perspectives in the Economics and Economic Sociology of Education as well as Education Policy, and who seek to understand how to contribute to social and economic development through education.
The main goal of Summer School is to increase the knowledge and skills of students and early-career researchers from various parts of the world about the most urgent issues in education research and practice. The Summer School will demonstrate recent advances in research and policy expertise concerning the possible role of education in dealing with major issues of global and national socio-economic development such as economic stagnation, poverty, inequity, increasing social tensions, etc.
During the Summer School, students and young researchers will have the opportunity to discuss their individual research and applied projects with leading experts in the field and during special sessions of group work.
- Strong command of spoken and written English.
- Current research or applied project in the Economics of Education, Economic Sociology of Education and Education Policy.
The School will focus on:
- The pivotal challenges for education policy in the 21st century.
- The innovative tools in responding to challenges of social and economic development through education.
- New trends in the labor market: the key challenges for the education system.
- How to design, conduct and present research and applied projects.
The Summer School will involve following major activities:
- Keynote speeches by leading experts and subsequent discussions.
- Presentations of individual projects by participants and subsequent discussions.
- Group work, including brainstorming on various topics and dimensions of research and practice that are relevant to participant presentations.
Practice Manager for the Europe and Central Asia region of the World Bank's education global practice
Professor; Director, Leading Research Fellow at Centre for Labour Market Studies
Full Professor at Politecnico di Milano School of Management
Head of the HSE Institute of Education
Senior Economist at the World Bank
The Organizing Committee
Associate Professor, Senior Research Fellow
Centre for vocational education and skills development Analyst
For questions, please contact:
Kseniya Anisimova, email@example.com