IV Russia China Summer School “Methodology of Higher Education Research”
Dates: June 13–17, 2022
Application Deadline: May 20, 2022
Price: 250 USD
Accommodation: not needed
The IV Russia China Summer School “Methodology of Higher Education Research” will be held online as a part of an international cooperation program between the Institute of Education HSE University and the College of Education Zhejiang University.
The school builds knowledge and skills to conduct and interpret research using a variety of research designs, qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
What will you learn?
The Summer School welcomes students from all around the world and provides an excellent opportunity to deepen knowledge in:
- Evidence based approach in education.
- Research designs, strategies, and methods in higher education.
- Qualitative and quantile methods in higher education research.
- Advantages and limitations of using different survey data collection methods.
- Techniques of participant observation.
- International standards for conducting and reporting research using survey data collection methods.
The School focuses on research as the basis for decision-making in education. During the course of the discipline students will become familiar with the types of situations in education in which research is required, the sources of data in education, the main types of research design in education, qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection. The course also aims to develop a "methodological sensibility" or critical view of research methodology. The school will help you learn to see the strengths and weaknesses in the methodology of any stage of research - in the formulation of the research question, in the tools for data collection and analysis, to assess the sufficiency of the grounds for the conclusions of the study.
The programme consists of intensive courses taught in English.
What is required?
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Having background in a relevant area.
Students, postgraduates, practitioners, and researchers interested in the topic are welcome.
Application form for participation is completed online via the link.
Before applying, prepare:
- Motivational letter (300–500 words)
Lecturers (more names to appear soon)
Laboratory for University Development, Analyst
Laboratory for University Development, Research Fellow
International Laboratory for Evaluation of Practices and Innovations in Education, Lab Head
Institute of education, Manager