Date: 17 July - 22 July 2023
Place: Yerevan, Armenia
Registration has been closed. The summer school was in July, in Armenia. More info
Advanced psychometric methods can strengthen research findings and improve assessment practice.
The Psychometrics Summer School invites you to deepen your knowledge of the theoretical foundations and to demonstrate the possibilities of their application to empirical data.
The Psychometrics Summer School consists of three tracks of which you can choose one:
Track 1- The application process is now closed.
Rasch modelling and all that lies behind it — a perfect introduction to item response theory for those who want to start the psychometric journey. Your teachers: Dr. Christine Fox, Dr. Svetlana Beltyukova (PhD., The University of Toledo). More info here.
Measuring rater effects — advanced psychometiric methods, Many-Facet Rasch Modeling and Hierarchical Generalized Linear Modeling, are perfect for analysing rater bias and any other feature of the assessment. Your teacher: Lidia Dobria (PhD, Wilbur Wright College). More info here.
Cognitive Diagnostic Modeling — novel psychometric framework specifically designed to generate more meaningful diagnostic output for more effective feedback to participants. Your teacher: Jimmy de la Torre (PhD, The University of Hong Kong). More info here.
Participants in the Psychometrics Summer School will benefit from:
- In-depth theoretical knowledge and illustrative empirical examples
Experience of new software and packages
Dedicated consultation time with teachers to ask questions of particular interest
Networking with other Summer School participants and teachers
Certificate of participation in the Summer School
Enjoying the nature and culture of Armenia, the heart of the mountainous Caucasus region between Asia and Europe.
- four working days (Mon-Tues, Thurs-Fri) with four classes per day. The fourth class of the day is dedicated to the practice and the consultations.
- one excursion day (Wed) includes a tour to the picturesque places near Yerevan and the gala dinner.
- the last day (Sat) is a day for Wrap-Up.
How to register:
1. Send your application and motivation letter via the website. We kindly ask you to send us a motivation letter to make sure that the Psychometric Summer School meets your expectations. Deadline Extended to May 10, 2023
2. Receive an acceptance letter (in one week after your application).
3. Pay as an early bird with a discount or use a late payment option.
The early bird payment deadline: 20 May.
The late payment deadline: 17 June.
Fees: You can only choose one track. The fees include course attendance, course materials, consultations, lunches and coffee breaks, the one-day tour and the gala dinner. Travel and accommodation expenses are covered by the participants themselves.
The early bird registration fee is 600 Euro. The late registration fee is 700 Euro. We also invite MA and PhD students with a fee of 500 Euro (both early bird and late payment).
See you at the Psychometric Summer School!