On October 2, 2019, an Expert Seminar "A New Model of State Control in the Field of Education in the Context of the Application of the Mechanism of "Regulatory Guillotine" was Held at the ASI's Coworking Center "Tochka Kipeniya"
The seminar was organized by National Research University Higher School of Economics together with The Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science involving the Department of Regulatory Policy of the Government of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation and staff members of regional regulatory bodies.
The participants of the seminar discussed the future of licensing and accreditation of educational activities, new models of state control by level and type of education, mandatory requirements to be verified. More than 200 people took part in this discussion.
The aim of the seminar was to collect expert opinions on the proposed forks in the legal regulation:
· Should we refuse the state accreditation in the education system?
· Are we able to issue a license for educational activities without reference to the Federal State Educational Standard?
· Are we able to reduce the grounds for licensing in continuing education?
· Can variable monitoring studies replace state quality assessment procedures and become a development resource for an educational organization?
· How to strengthen the role of the professional community in assessment procedures?
· How can we enhance the relevance of internal quality assessment procedures?
Experts worked in level sections, where they discussed these issues, as well as values and risks in the field of education for specific levels.
The opinions of experts, which were collected in oral and in writing forms were taken into account when finalizing the model of state control in education.
The updated model will be presented at the seminar on November 7, 2019 at 2 Konyushkovsky per., coworking center “Tochka Kipeniya”.