IV International Summer School 'Test Development in Education and Psychology: Theory and Practice'
We are pleased to announce that enrollment is now open for
HSE University’s Institute of Education (IOE) invites students, independent postdoctoral scholars and institutional professionals who focus on educational assessment & test development to apply for the upcoming IV INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL 'Test Development in Education and Psychology: Theory and Practice.'
The Summer School will take place on JULY 23–29, 2017 at HSE’s 'Voronovo' Training Center, Moscow region (a transfer will be provided).
Hosting a variety of formats, including lectures, workshops, discussion groups, and individual consultations, the School aims to give comprehensive insights into the theory and practice of innovative test development approaches, while also advancing streamlined best-practice professional standards in the education test design and implementation framework.
The Summer School will focus on the following key areas:
- Test development under the Evidence-Centered Design approach
- Contemporary international systems of quality control in test development and implementation
- Constructing performance-based assessments: designing task specifications and assessment tools.
The Summer School will start by an introductory lecture for all participants, where topics relevant for any assessment professional will be addressed, and will subsequently continue in two separate tracks.
Please follow this link for a detailed School program.
The School’s working languages are Russian (partial English translation will be provided) and English.
Instruction will be given by accomplished Russian and international psychometricians, including:
- Bas Hemker, PhD, CITO, Netherlands
- Mark Zelman, PhD, World Bank
- Carol Myford, PhD, University of Illinois in Chicago, USA
- Elena Kardanova, Cand. Sc. (Physics and Mathematics), Professor, Director of Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education, HSE University, Moscow
- Ekaterina Orel, Cand. Sc. (Psychology), Center for Monitoring the Quality in Education, HSE University, Moscow.
The School’s participation fee is €670, including double accommodation, catering, and learning aids.
IOE will award 10 full scholarships and five partial scholarships (covering 50% of costs) to participants selected on a competitive basis.
To apply, please complete this online form. The deadline for application is MAY 5, 2017.
School Organizing Committee
- Viktor Bolotov, Doctor of Pedagogy, CMQE Academic Supervisor, Institute of Education, HSE University
- Elena Kardanova, Cand. Sc., CMQE Director, Institute of Education, HSE University
- Tatjana Kanonire, PhD, CMQE Research Fellow, Institute of Education, HSE University.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Tatjana Chaplina, Summer School Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.