Third International Summer School ‘Digital Environment and Inequality of Educational Opportunities’
HSE Institute of Education (IOE) and the International Laboratory for Education Policy Analysis are pleased to invite you to
III International Summer School
‘DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT AND INEQUALITY OF EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES’
Dates: June 30 – July 5, 2019
Place: Moscow, Russia
Deadline for registration: May 30, 2019
This decade has seen a startling upswing in online services and mobile computing that has prompted deep transformations across social realms, including education. As digital innovation is being more actively taken to the market, broader cohorts worldwide now enjoy the benefits of ICT available at their fingertips. Yet, some are still more equal than others in how much access to digital technology they have, which stems from persisting disparities of socioeconomic nature. Since the inequality loop has not yet been broken, we need to plough greater effort in foregrounding various research, policy and practical dimensions of the nexus between the thriving digital environment and inequalities in education.
Our Summer School will specifically address the following areas and topics:
- Students’ digital literacy, digital behavior and social inequality
- Teachers' digital literacy and their stance to harnessing ICT and digital resources in education
- ICT (laptops, mobile phones, VR, etc.), digital technologies (electronic textbooks, etc.), online resources and MOOCs in education and how they influence the performance of students across social groups
- Policies to advance digital resources in order to reduce educational inequality, how well these policies have worked so far, and ways to improve them.
The School faculty are a premier cohort of international academics with multiple perspectives in the study of social and educational inequality:
The School working language is English. Participants are expected to have a command of English sufficient to engage in discussions and make presentations.
To apply, please use this online form to submit the following in English:
- Your CV
- A motivational letter (up to 300 words)
- A summary of your current research project on a relevant topic (300–500 words).
Submissions are accepted until May 30, 2019. We will get in touch with shortlisted applicants by June 06, 2019.
The participation fee is EUR 300 including tuition, coffee breaks, and a city tour. Participants pay for travel and accommodation.
We will award a limited number of scholarships to participants selected on a competitive basis. The scholarship covers tuition, single/double accommodation, coffee breaks and a city tour. Please note that participants pay for travel to/from Moscow.
For any questions, please contact us at: summerschooI@hse.ru