Research Project Leader (large-scale comparative study of schooling transformations in the post-Soviet space)
The Institute of Education at the National Research University Higher Schools of Economics (HSE) in Moscow, Russia is seeking an educational researcher to take up the role of Project Leader in a large-scale comparative project on transformations of schooling in post-Soviet countries.
About the Position
The successful candidate will join the Institute of Education in the capacity of Principal Investigator for a multi-case comparative project titled, ‘Twenty-Five Years of Transition: Dynamics and Outcomes of Secondary School Transformation in Post-Soviet Countries.’ The project aims to identify, track and compare the trajectories of change in secondary school education in fifteen former USSR republics. The project is coordinated by the Institute of Education and carried out with the support of leading experts from the University of Cambridge, Stanford University, Nazarbayev University, the University of Central Asia, the University of Arizona, and the World Bank.
In addition to project management, the successful applicant will be teaching part-time at the Institute of Education or any other HSE department.
- Overseeing and coordinating the overall project development, management and implementation
- Reviewing and revising the research project’s current programme and design
- Attracting Russian and international partner researchers
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Attracting and securing relevant project funding.
- A graduate degree in Education or a related field
- Track record of project leadership success
- Familiarity with social development issues in Soviet and post-Soviet contexts
- A sound publishing record
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to proactively collaborate with a diverse range of educational stakeholders
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Doctoral degree in Education or a related field
- Quantitative research skills
- A track record of publications in top-tier academic journals
- Research interests in the area of schooling and school transformation
- Experience in designing and/or conducting large-scale comparative studies
- Familiarity with state-of-the art education theories and methods
- Proficiency in the Russian language.
- A competitive salary package
- A rich learning experience and opportunities for working with leading experts in the field of educational studies
- Access to the latest educational data across the post-Soviet region
- Travel support and other research assistance.
How to Apply
Please provide a CV, including contact information of two referees, and a short cover letter in either English or Russian describing how your qualifications meet the essential and desired criteria outlined above.
Please forward your application or any job inquiries to Elena Minina at email@example.com.
The position is open until filled.
About the HSE
The HSE is the youngest, most dynamic and fastest-growing Russian research university. Over the past twenty five years, the HSE has become one of Russia's largest universities in the fields of economics, social sciences and humanities, and has earned the reputation of a national leader in higher education. One of its unique features has been its direct involvement in socio-economic reforms in Russia, which has distinguished HSE as major think-tank in the area of education policy development. Committed to high-quality research, HSE now has a considerable number of international academic laboratories led by eminent professors from all over the world.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.