HSE University’s Institute of Education (IOE) is a leading Russian academic hub working to ensure the ongoing delivery of quality and up-to-date educational outputs for the benefit of various stakeholders: individuals, institutions, governments, and communities at all levels.
We seek to provide a consistently sound contribution to social integrity and welfare by training top-notch academics, administrators, and policy leaders with the skills, attitudes, and values required to create and further develop effective learning environments of equality, relevance, and inclusion.
Established in 2012 from a merger of HSE’s several standalone research and training divisions, IOE has since capitalized on well-informed, knowledgeable, and insightful faculty and staff, supported by extensive expertise from our cross-border partners. As one of the University’s principal academic centers, IOE serves to underpin HSE’s leading role in driving educational transformations in Russia, and to enhance its excellence and competitive standing internationally.
With the above objectives in mind, IOE pursues a comprehensive academic and professional services agenda, including:
- Fundamental research, applied studies and developments
- Expert assessment and advisory
- Teaching and training
- Professional communications.
- Current Research and Development in Education, a weekly seminar series
- Two yearly conferences involving Russian experts
- Inter-university Consortium for Institutional Research
- Educational Studies and Russian Education & Society, two Scopus-indexed international academic journals.
- University of Twente
- Stanford University
- Institute of Education, University of London
- Lynch School of Education, Boston College
- University of Massachusetts
- The World Bank
- Banco Santander
- Agency for Strategic Initiatives.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!