Associate Director of the Institute of Education, Academic Director of Master’s & Continuing Education Programs
Initial three-year appointment to a full professor position combined with administrative responsibilities, with an option of automatic extension.
Position Open Until Filled
Consistently ranked among Eastern Europe’s top universities, the Higher School of Economics (HSE) offers unrivalled research opportunities in a broad range of areas, including social sciences, education and humanities.
Fueled by the synergies of its distinguished faculty, best-prospect graduates, and renowned cross-border partners, the Institute of Education (IOE) is an HSE core unit, which has been rapidly evolving into a globally recognized hub of lead-edge expertise and innovation in multidisciplinary education-related research, instruction, advisory services and professional networking. At IOE, we train frontline academics, analysts, administrators and policy leaders with the skills, attitudes and values required to shape future-proof learning environments that both empower and deliver.
The candidate qualifying to take up this pivotal role in IOE academic leadership will supervise and develop 2 full-time and 6 part-time Master’s Programs as well as Continuing Education tracks that enroll aspiring instructors, school and university administrators, testing & assessment professionals, and policy experts. IOE has deployed competitive and dynamic Master’s and continuing education curricular where enrollees get immersed into a robust mix of research and practical activities, building on first-hand advice and guidance by IOE faculty, along with prolific opportunities for internship and extra course support from reputable national and international experts.
Looking ahead, we wish to give a major fresh momentum to our tracks, both in terms of the training areas covered, syllabus, and method, where a special focus will be placed on driving IOE’s global academic outreach by launching new international programs and expanding digital delivery.
- Liaising with the IOE Academic Office in designing and delivering Master’s and Continuing Education Programs
- Partaking in overall supervision of research projects and other academic activities of Master’s and Continuing Education Programs
- Designing and implementing expansions and upgrades to the Program portfolio
- Participating in strategic, organizational, and operational decision-making at the IOE-wide level.
- A PhD in education, public policy, psychology, economics, social sciences, or a related field, with a distinguished academic record
- A Russian language proficiency is highly desirable
- Senior academic and administrative leadership experience
- A demonstrated record of excellence in scholarly achievement including research funding, refereed publications, national/international professional presentations, and curricula development
- Clear evidence of mentoring, leadership, and organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience and achievement
- Medical insurance
- Personal shipment allowance for relocation
- Funding awards to foster research and professional networking in a designated area of education and related specialist fields.
Equal Opportunity Statement
As an equal opportunity employer, HSE hires, trains and promotes individuals solely by reason and on grounds of their education, experience, interpersonal skills and professional abilities. In our recruitment and operations, we strictly comply with applicable national and global non-discrimination legislation, relentlessly cultivating a resourceful, diverse and cooperative work environment.
If you have the background and expertise to qualify for this position, please submit your CV, a Cover Letter, contact details of two or three referees, and links to the latest research publications at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.